Time Change This Week
This Sunday, Sunday 6th June 2021, we will be meeting at 4pm instead of 10:30am. This is due to the demolition of the Rugeley Power Station cooling towers at approximately 11am. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday afternoon!
It will be different from what we are used to, but we believe the benefits of meeting together will outweigh the different structure we will have to follow.
We will be following government guidelines, but believe God is more than able to meet with us within those guidelines.
This is currently how the service will look, but it is evolving all the time, so please have patience with us:
- The service will run from 10:30am to 11:10am
- This will include worship and a preach
- The service will be ‘live streamed’ for those who don’t currently feel they can attend the service – sign up here to be notified when the services are live
- The congregation will have to wear masks throughout the service, hence the service being shorter
- The congregation will not be able to sing so we are looking at other ways to engage with the worship time
- There will be a one-way route through the building
- The Welcome team will take your name and phone number upon arrival – this information will be processed and stored in line with our data protection notice, available here
- There will be a steward to direct you to your seat in the Sports hall
- Seating will be a table and chairs for families with and a mix of double and single seating for those not in a bubble. These will all spaced to allow for socially distancing
- Children will need to stay with their parent or guardian at all times, there will be a craft bag provided by our Starlight and Searchlight teams which will tie in with the Sunday preach
- The Welcome Host, Worship singer and Preacher are not required to wear masks, but they will be a minimum of 3 meters from any of the congregation and will put a mask on once they have finished their contribution
- Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide refreshments and the Kitchen will be locked, so we would encourage you to bring your own drinks – drinks may be hot or cold but must be contained in cups or bottles with a sealable lid
- Once the service has finished the congregation will exit via the fire doors in the Sports hall
We look forward to once again seeing many of you in person and, those who can’t make it in person, joining us live on our YouTube channel.
In non-COVID times our Sunday Services start at 10:00am at Rugeley Community Centre (see “find us” page for a map of how to, well, find us). We like to start with a cup of tea or coffee and greet one another properly before engaging with God in a time of worship. We like to sing a variety of new contemporary songs mixed in with some older classics.
During our worship time we also encourage other forms of worship such as bible readings, words of encouragement, prayer and stories of how God has intervened in our lives. Next, we have a time of teaching from the bible followed by an opportunity to receive prayer. Once the service has finished we have tea and coffee (and biscuits) and chat to catch up with each other. Whilst we don’t want to be constrained by the clock, we are usually finished by 11:45.
Rest assured that visitors are very welcome and we’ll understand if you don’t wish to participate in all aspects of Church straight away. We are passionate about creating an environment where people of all ages and all backgrounds can encounter God. We have children’s groups for all ages which run vibrant activities and teaching during the sermon. Please ask to be introduced to one of the leadership team who can direct you to which group your children can attend.
For information about our core beliefs, vision and culture, click on the OUR CHURCH button.