Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, we will only share your data with third parties outside of the organisation with your consent.
The exception to this is where it is in the public interest and is necessary for the purposes of:
- Protecting an individual from neglect or physical, mental or emotional harm; or
- Protecting the physical, mental or emotional well-being of an individual where that individual is a child or is an adult at risk.
We do use third party processors to assist with our data processing. These include but are not limited to:
- ChurchSuite – the company that provides our cloud-based church management system
- Thirtyone:eight – an independent Christian safeguarding charity, who conduct Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, as well as offering other safeguarding support services
- Google Workspace – a cloud-based platform that provides cloud storage and hosts our emails (formerly GSuite)
- MailChimp – email marketing platform that is used to build and send our email newsletters
- TextLocal – bulk SMS platform used for SMS reminders and marketing
Wherever data is used on a third-party processor system Rugeley Community Church is still the Data Controller of that data, and the data is not used for purposes unrelated to Rugeley Community Church nor may it be re-used or transferred by the third-party processor. We will not transfer your personal information to countries outside the United Kingdom, except where we use the services of a third party who host data outside the UK. We will only use third parties who ensure that data hosted outside the UK is held in accordance with UK GDPR. Where data transfer is required outside these third parties, separate consent will be sought.